Provisions for obtaining a special liquor permit are outlined in Section 96.08 of the Codified Ordinances (available on our website under Codified Ordinances). The State Department of Commerce Division of Liquor Control issues liquor permits. Applications and guidelines are available on their website at https://www.com.ohio.gov/liqr/default.aspx .
Once a permit is issued by the State of Ohio, the Municipal Administrator must be notified in writing 30 days in advance of date of any function to be held for which a special liquor permit F, F-1, or F-2 is used. Submit via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org a copy of your permit along with the following information, as outlined in Codified Ordinance 96.08:
- Name & address of organization sponsoring function
- Name & address of all officers or trustees of that organization
- Date and time of requested function
- Location of requested function
- Estimated number of attendants at the function
- Method proposed by organization for crowd control, sanitary facilities, and clean up of area when function is completed
- Any other information requested by Municipal Administrator in order to properly regulate the function
Applicants must read, understand, and abide by all regulations listed under Chapter 96 of the Codified Ordinances. Call the Municipal Administrator’s Office at 419-354-6204 with questions relating to the requirements established in Bowling Green’s Codified Ordinances.