Parking within the Downtown:
- The limit to park in one of the 157 free on-street parking spots on Main and Wooster within the downtown is 2 hours.
- Public parking lots are divided into two main areas – short term parking and long term parking. Short term parking is limited to 3 hours, while the long term parking is limited to 10 hours.
- The rate to park in a public parking lot and in a parking stall that has a meter is $0.50 an hour. There are kiosks located in Lots 1, 2, 3, and 4 within the downtown, users of the parking lots are encouraged to download the free mobile app – ParkSmarter – in order to make parking within a parking lot that has kiosks extremely convenient.
- Handicap parking within public parking lots is free. The public is asked to observe and refrain from parking in a spot parked and signed for a user with a valid handicap placard.
- Various residential roads allow for on-street parking; however, there are sections where parking is prohibited or limited. These parking restrictions are identified by signs identifying where parking is prohibited – in some cases during specific days or hours. One sign may apply to the entire block, so watch for signs placed ahead or behind your location.
- Vehicles may not be parked for more than 24 hours along a residential street.
- Parking across a sidewalk is also prohibited, even if that sidewalk runs through a driveway.
Residents are encouraged to visit the City’s website and read these laws. Questions about parking may be directed to Parking Enforcement at 419-352-1131.