Upcoming Public Meetings:
- Human Relations Commission is scheduled to meet September 7 at 8:00 am in Council Chamber, 304 N. Church St.
- Board of Zoning Appeals is scheduled to meet September 12 at 7:00 pm in Council Chamber.
Black Swamp Arts Festival – Sept. 7-9
In conjunction with the annual Black Swamp Arts Festival scheduled for September 7, 8, and 9, certain street closures and parking restrictions will be imposed in downtown Bowling Green.
Beginning at 6:00 am on Thursday, September 6, the eastern portion of City Parking Lot 2 will be closed. The entire lot will be closed beginning Friday, September 7 at 6:00 am.
At 3:00 am on Saturday, September 8, on-street parking will be prohibited in the following locations: Main Street between Clay and Pearl; Prospect between East Wooster and Clough; Clay between Main and Grove; and Clough between Main and S. Prospect. Any vehicle parked in these restricted areas after 3:00 am on Saturday will be towed at the owner’s expense.
At 4:00 am on Saturday, September 8, Main Street, between Clay and Pearl, will be closed to vehicular traffic. While Main Street is closed, no through traffic will be permitted on Oak, Court, Clough and Washington Streets. Wooster Street will remain open for east and westbound traffic throughout the festival.
During the Main Street closing, detour routes for local and truck traffic will be posted.
Throughout the event, shuttle buses will pick up visitors at the Bowling Green High School, Wood County Fairgrounds, Meijer, and Bowling Green State University. The buses will drop visitors off downtown at the Frontier Communications building as well as the Bowling Green Police Division.
Handicap parking will be available in remaining public parking lots and at the City Administrative Services Building, 304 N. Church St.
All streets will reopen and parking will be reinstated on Sunday evening.
Brush Collection – Schedule until Sept. 10
The window to schedule a September brush collection will be open until September 10. Residents requesting brush collection should call 419-354-6227 no later than September 10 so that they may be added to the list of locations where crews will stop. Collection is scheduled to begin on September 17.
Brush Collection will occur during the 3rd week of April, May, September and October. Residents simply need to call Public Works by the 2nd Monday of the respective month to schedule a brush collection. Current restrictions for brush collection remain – such as the size of tree limbs and no yard waste (grass clippings).
Residents are encouraged to visit the Public Works Division webpage or call 419-354-6227 for more information and details.
Falcons At Home – Sept 6-8
Check out the following BGSU Falcon home athletic events this week:
- Thursday, 5:00 pm – Cochrane Soccer Stadium – Women’s Soccer v. Xavier. The team is currently playing some high level soccer and returning to Cochrane where they most recently defeated Oakland 3-0.
- Friday, 5:00 pm – Sebo Athletics Center – Cross Country Hosts annual Mel Brodt Invitational. The Mel Brodt is the ONLY HOME EVENT for our Cross Country program for the year!
- Friday, 7:00 pm – Cochrane Soccer Stadium – Men’s Soccer v. Michigan State. The team returns fresh from a 3-2 victory over Western Illinois and takes on a Michigan State side that has participated some incredible memories at Cochrane in recent year. This is a huge opportunity for our program!
- Saturday, 6:00 pm – Doyt Perry Stadium – Football v. Maryland. BIG TEN. WHITE OUT. Maryland fresh off of a 34-29 victory over the University of Texas. Possibly the last time a BIG TEN team visits the Doyt due to recent conference scheduling changes. THIS IS ONE MONSTER GAME and the team needs the entire community with them!