Upcoming Public Meetings:
- City Council is scheduled to meet October 1 at 7:00 pm in Council Chamber, 304 N. Church St.
- Planning Commission is scheduled to meet October 3 at 7:00 pm in Council Chamber.
- Human Relations Commission is scheduled to meet October 5 at 8:00 am in Council Chamber.
Read & Roll Bike Ride – September 30
The ride will meet and end at the Wood County Library. Rides are free, family-friendly, and open to everyone. Each rider is required to wear a properly-fitted helmet and ride a correctly-sized bicycle in safe, working mechanical order. The route for this ride covers 5 miles. It is highly recommended that young riders, not able to travel this distance on their own, participate via a tow behind trailer or child bike seat. These rides are meant to be more recreational in nature and will travel at a speed comfortable for all riders.
Check out the rest of this news release on the City’s website!
Fire Division Open House – October 6
The Bowling Green Fire Division will host its annual open house on October 6 from 10:00 am – 1:00 pm at the Pearl Street Fire Station, 1060 Pearl St. The open house will feature a fire extinguisher demonstration at 10:00 am, a live fire/burn demonstration at 11:00 am, and an automobile extraction demonstration at noon. Plus, FREE pizza will be available for visitors.
Meet your firefighters and learn all of the ways they serve our community! Visit the Fire Division website for more details.
Did you miss the cut off or forget to schedule a September brush collection? Don’t worry! Another brush collection is only a few weeks away! The window to schedule an October collection is October 1-8, with collection beginning October 15. Call Public Works at 419-354-6227 beginning October 1. The October brush collection will be the last of 2018, so help spread the word!
Visit the Public Works website for a complete listing of special collections and the refuse/recycling collection calendar.
Falcons At Home: Sept. 27-30
Check out the following BGSU home athletic events this week!
- Thursday, September 27, 6:00 pm – Volleyball v. Miami (OH) – Stroh Center. Volleyball has won six (6) straight matches and looks to continue the streak!
- Friday, September 28, 7:00 pm – Women’s Soccer v. Northern Illinois – Cochrane Soccer Stadium. Youth Soccer Night! Future Falcon Kids Club Night!
- Saturday, September 29
- 5:00 pm – Volleyball v. Western Michigan – Stroh Center. 2017 MAC Tournament Re-Match! Also, FAN APPRECIATION NIGHT & Stadium Cup Give-a-Way!
- 7:00 pm – Men’s Soccer v. Valparaiso – Cochrane Soccer Stadium.
- Sunday, September 30, 1:00 pm – Women’s Soccer v. Western Michigan – Cochrane Soccer Stadium. DOG DAY!