Upcoming Public Meetings:
- Parks and Recreation Board is scheduled to meet September 27 at 7:00 pm in the Simpson Building, 1291 Conneaut Ave.
Brush Pick-Up Begins September 26th
Beginning Monday, September 26, the City will begin conducting a brush pick-up. Brush and limbs should be placed curbside LOOSELY, not bundled. Stumps and limbs in excess of 12″ diameter and 10′ in length will NOT be picked up. Brush mixed with leaves or other yard debris will not be collected. The City, at its discretion, will not collect entire tree(s) placed in the right-of-way as a result of work by a contractor or if the tree(s) are of such size and multitude, that it surpasses the intent of the Tree Clipping collection Ordinance – 94.07. THIS IS NOT AN UNLIMITED BRUSH COLLECTION.
For cul-de-sacs, please do not place brush in the cul-de-sac green space as it may block fire hydrants and/or it is unmanageable for City equipment to remove. There will be one citywide sweep of all four wards. Pick up will start in Ward 4. Once the crew leaves a street, they will not return. NOTE: Pickup is by WARD and NOT by your normal refuse collection day. Brush Collection is only for locations which receive City refuse collection. To ensure pick-up of your brush – it should be placed curbside by 7:00 am on September 26, 2016.
Visit the Public Works Department website or call 419-354-6227.
Fire Hydrant Flushing
The City of Bowling Green’s Water Distribution Division has begun the process of flushing fire hydrants throughout the City’s water distribution system. This work began on September 19, and will be on-going for several weeks occurring daily, Monday – Friday, between the hours of 7:30 am and 3:30 pm. During the program, water consumers may experience rusty or discolored water. This condition is temporary with water quality returning to normal as flushing is completed. Customers are encouraged to check their cold water supply prior to using the water. If discoloration is discovered, customers should flush their cold water line ONLY for a short period until the discoloration clears. Although the discolored water is not harmful to drink, it may stain light-colored clothes laundered in it. For this reason, consumers are advised to monitor the cold water for discoloration. Residents experiencing problems may pick up laundry rust remover from the municipal water distribution office at 324 North Maple Street from 7:30 am to 3:30 pm weekdays.
For additional information on the fire hydrant flushing and testing program, please visit the City’s website or call the Water/Sewer Division at 419-354-6277.
Plan your Homecoming Weekend with fun, family events! Below is a brief summary of the schedule:
- Homecoming Parade: Friday, September 30, beginning at 5:30 pm. The parade route will follow east on Wooster Street to Mercer Road.
- Taste of BG: Friday, September 30, 6:30 pm at Doyt Perry Stadium. Live entertainment and samples of local restaurants at Falcon Tailgate Park.
- Freddie and Freida 5K Walk Run: Saturday, October 1, Registration – 7:30 am; Race – 8:30 am from the Perry Field House.
- Falcon Flapjacks: Saturday, October 1, 8:30 – 10:30 am at Perry Field House – cost is $5.00 for adults and $3.00 for children 6 and under.
- Falcon Tailgate Park: Saturday, October 1, 12:00 – 3:00 pm at The Doyt!
- Football Game: Cheer on your Falcons against Eastern Michigan, Saturday, October 1 at The Doyt – 3:00 pm kick-off.
Visit BGSU’s website for more information.
BGSU STEM in the Park
BGSU STEM in the Park will feature interactive displays and activities created by area universities, community partners, and local businesses to engage children of all ages in the areas of Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics. This FREE family event will be held Saturday, September 24 from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm at the Perry Field House located on the campus of BGSU at 801 N. Mercer Rd.
You may pre-register online! Go to www.steminthepark.org.