Upcoming Public Meetings:
- Board of Zoning Appeals is scheduled to meet tonight, September 13, at 7:00 pm in Council Chamber, 304 N. Church St.
- City Council is scheduled to meet September 18 at 7:00 pm in Council Chamber.
- Tree Commission is scheduled to meet September 19 at 4:00 pm in Council Chamber.
- Bicycle Safety Commission is scheduled to meet September 19 at 6:00 pm in Council Chamber.
Tree Seminar – “Selecting the Right Tree at the Nursery”
The Bowling Green Tree Commission will be hosting a class on “Selecting the Right Tree at the Nursery” on Saturday, September 16, 2017 from 9:00 – 11:00 am at Simpson Garden Park, 1291 Conneaut Ave. The event is FREE to the public.
The class will be held in the classroom and outside. Fall is an excellent time for planting trees and attendees will learn what to look for when selecting a tree at the nursery or garden center to ensure their tree has the proper structure necessary for a long life.
Brush Collection – Begins September 25
Brush collection will begin Monday, September 25. Residents are asked not to place any material curbside until the week of September 18. In order to ensure collection, have materials placed at the curb no later than 7:00 am on September 25. Brush and limbs should be placed at the curb loosely, not bundled. Stumps and limbs must be smaller than 12″ diameter and 10′ in length in order to get picked up. Brush mixed with leaves or other yard debris will not be collected. For cul-de-sacs, please do not place brush in the cul-de-sac green space as it may block fire hydrants and makes it unmanageable for City equipment to remove.
There will be one citywide sweep of all four wards. Once the crew leaves a street, they will not return. Please note that collection is by ward, and is not associated with normal refuse and recycling services. The City, at its discretion, will not collect entire tree (s) placed in the right of way as a result of work by a contractor or are of such size and multitude, that it surpasses the intent of the Tree Clipping collected Ordinance 94.07.
Visit the Public Works webpage or call 419-354-6227 with questions.
Got Plans? (this weekend)
Looking for things to do this weekend? Here are some ideas to support your favorite Bobcats and Falcons!
BG High School:
- Home football game, Friday, September 15. Kick-off is a 7:00 pm against Springfield.
- Home Girl’s Soccer game against Defiance, Saturday, September 16. Start time is 11:00 am.
- Home Women’s soccer game against Robert Morris, Friday, September 15. Start time is 7:00 pm.
- Home Men’s soccer game against Cincinnati, Saturday, September 16. Start time is 7:00 pm.
Also this weekend is the Wood County Air Fair at the Wood County Airport from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm. Admission is $5.00 for adults and FREE for children under 17. The fair features static displays, airplane rides, helicopter rides and much more. Visit the Wood County Regional Airport’s Facebook page for more information.
Check out the community calendar – gobgohio.com – for more fun ideas!