Upcoming Public Meetings:
- Human Relations Commission is scheduled to meet November 2 at 8:00 am in Council Chamber, 304 N. Church St.
- City Council Committee-of-the-Whole is scheduled to meet November 5 at 6:00 pm in Council Chamber. The purpose of the meeting is to review applications for appointment to the Ward 1 council seat. A public hearing is scheduled to begin at 6:45 pm in order to discuss Ordinance 8717 concerning zoning changes. City Council is scheduled to meet at 7:00 pm.
- Tree Commission is scheduled to meet November 6 at 4:00 pm in Council Chamber.
Oak Grove Cemetery – Grave Decoration Reminder
In preparation for the winter season, the Cemetery Maintenance Crew will be removing all decorations. The exception would be winter grave blankets that have previously been placed on graves. The Director of Public Works requests that all other decorations be removed from Oak Grove Cemetery prior to Monday, November 5, 2018.
It is suggested that anyone wishing to retain the wreaths or decorations other than blankets, remove them prior to November 5, 2018.
Curbside leaf collection will begin in Bowling Green on Tuesday, November 13. Residents who receive City-provided refuse/recycling service are eligible for the leaf pick-up.
The City of Bowling Green leaf pickup crew will begin working in Ward 3. When pickup in Ward 3 is completed, the crew will then move through Ward 4, Ward 1 and then Ward 2. Several passes of the City will be made. An announcement will be made prior to the final pass through the City.
Questions regarding this work may be directed to Public Work Division at 419-354-6227. Check out the rest of this news release on the City’s website!
Construction Update – Downtown and more
There are multiple construction projects currently underway. Below is a summary of these projects along with anticipated schedules. Questions about respective projects should be addressed with the individual department/division or entity listed. The schedule outlined is dependent on weather and progress of work.
- The Columbia Gas project within the downtown area is anticipated to be complete soon. The City was recently notified that all of the associated low-pressure natural gas lines have been retired and that the focus through this week and next will be on restoration efforts including sidewalk and street repairs. Questions about the Columbia Gas work should be directed to Raquel Colon, External Affairs Specialist for Columbia Gas. Ms. Colon may be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or 419-539-6206.
- The City is scheduled to begin the installation of a water line, sewer line, and miscellaneous electrical upgrades throughout the downtown beginning January, 2019. This work is anticipated to last until the spring, with a contract completion date for the contractor of April 30, 2019.
- Following the utility work, the downtown area will be repaved. It is anticipated that this work should begin in May, 2019 – with a contract completion date of October, 2019. Questions about the utility and paving projects should be directed to the City’s Engineering Division at 419-354-6227.
Conneaut Sanitary Sewer Project:
- It is anticipated that by the end of next week, all sanitary sewer work will be complete. Concrete work is tentatively scheduled to begin next week (10/29/18) and paving to occur during the month of November.
- Questions about the utility and paving projects should be directed to the City’s Engineering Division at 419-354-6227.
Rosalind/Donbar Sewer Line:
- Work has been slowed due to some unexpected difficulties and conditions – shallow bedrock and deteriorated conditions of existing facilities that were not a part of the project. To date nearly 300 feet of sewer line has been installed. It is anticipated this work will be complete in mid-December.
- Questions about this work may be directed to the Water Distribution and Wastewater Collection Division at 419-354-6277.