Upcoming Public Meetings:
- Board of Public Utilities is scheduled to meet November 13 at 5:00 pm in Council Chamber, 304 N. Church St.
City Building – Veterans Day Observance
The City Administrative Services Building, 304 N. Church, and other non-24 hour City facilities will be closed on November 10 in observance of Veterans Day.
- Church/Grove/Evers Paving: curb and sidewalk replacement is the focus this week along with soft surface restoration. It is anticipated that the surface course of asphalt will be completed by the end of next week.
- Wolfly Sewer Improvement: the contractor is completing pavement restoration this week. Anticipated completion date for this project is November 10.
- Manville/Troup Waterline: trenching into the bedrock along Troup Street remains the focus of the contractor this week. Once all trenching is complete and the waterline and service lines are complete on Troup, the contractor will begin roadway and concrete work on Manville and Troup.
- Conneaut Ave. Lift Station: by the end of the year, construction on a sanitary sewer force main and pump station will begin. The entire project area will encompass the area of Conneaut Avenue, between Ketner and Lafayette; however, much of the project will be focused on the area between Wintergarden and Lafayette, which will include deep excavation for the gravity sewer, installation of part of the force main, and construction of the lift station. These efforts will result in some temporary street closures. A project timeline will be released soon. In 2018, once the sewer line and lift station are complete, Conneaut, from Lafayette to Wintergarden will be paved.
Questions about these projects may be addressed with the Engineering Division at 419-354-6227.
Tree Lighting Ceremony – November 17
The annual tree lighting ceremony is scheduled to occur on November 17 at roughly 7:00 pm from the front lawn of the Wood County District Public Library, 251 N. Main St. In conjunction with this event, West Court Street, between Main and City Parking Lot 4, will be closed between 6:00 – 7:00 pm. Access to parking lots will be maintained throughout the street closure. On-street parking restrictions will be imposed on North Main Street between Oak and Court Streets and on Oak Street.
Questions about the ceremony may be directed to Downtown BG at 419-354-4332.
Holiday Parade – November 18
In conjunction with the Bowling Green Holiday Parade scheduled for 10:00 am on Saturday, November 18, several Bowling Green streets will be closed and on-street parking will be prohibited in many downtown locations.
Main Street will be closed between Poe and Napoleon Roads from 9:45 am on Saturday until the end of the parade. This closure will also impact traffic flow on streets that intersect with Main Street between Poe and Napoleon. These side streets will also close at approximately 9:45 am. In addition, side streets between Poe and Ridge will be utilized for parade preparations from approximately 8:30 am until 11:00 am. During this period of time, access to these side streets will be limited to local use.
A truck detour route will be posted.
Parking during the parade will be prohibited on Main Street between Poe and Napoleon. Vehicles are to be removed from Main Street prior to 3:00 am on Saturday, November 18. Any vehicle parked on Main Street after 3:00 am will be towed at the owner’s expense.
On-street parking will also be prohibited in the following locations:
- Dixie Avenue between South Main and Kenwood
- South Church Street between Sand Ridge and Pearl
- Clay Street between North Church and North Grove
- North Grove between Wooster and Poe
Parking will be reinstated on Main Street and other locations after the parade “clean-up”. All roads impacted by these closures will reopen as soon as possible upon completion of the parade.
For more information about this year’s parade, visit the Chamber of Commerce website at www.bgchamber.net