Upcoming Public Meetings:
- Revolving Loan Fund Committee will meet March 17 at 3:00 pm in the Bowling Green Community Development Foundation Office, Four Corners Center, 130 S. Main St.
- City Council Finance Committee will meet on March 21 at 4:30 pm in Council Chamber, 304 N. Church St.
- City Council will receive the 5-year housing survey from the Wood County Health District on March 21 at 6:00 pm in Council Chamber, 304 N. Church St. Once every five years, the Health District performs an Exterior Housing Evaluation Survey at the request of the City. This allows the Health District to identify neighborhoods that have exterior structure, maintenance, and sanitation problems.
- City Council will have its regular meeting on March 21 at 7:00 pm in Council Chamber.
- Parks and Recreation Board will meet on March 22 at 7:00 pm at the Simpson Building, 1291 Conneaut Ave.
If you’re still considering whether or not to join the Human Relations Commission and Not In Our Town at the Interfaith Breakfast, it is not too late to RSVP. The FREE breakfast will occur on March 22 from 7:30 to 9:00 am at the Wood County Fairgrounds, Junior Fair Building. Please RSVP to Carol Lenox at 419-352-0682.
Coffee With A Cop
Join the BG Police Division next week on March 23 from 8:00 to 10:00 am at Tim Hortons for “Coffee With A Cop“. Get to know some of the officers working in your neighborhood and discuss how they may better serve you. See the attached flyer for more information.
Large Item Pick-Up
The Public Works Division will begin large item pick-up on March 21. To ensure collection, items must be placed curbside by 7:00 am on the 21st. Collection is by ward, once crews complete a street, they will not return. For more information, visit the City’s website.
Oak Grove Winter Decorations
In preparation for the spring season, the Cemetery Maintenance Crew will be removing all decorations. The Director of Public Works requests that all wreaths and winter decorations be removed from Oak Grove Cemetery prior to April 4, 2016.
Questions may be directed to the Public Works Department at 419-354-6227.
Brown Bag Music Series
The Brown Bag Music Series continues this Friday, March 18 with a performance by Chelsea Cloeter and her voice students in recital. Bring your lunch and enjoy the musical performance at the Simpson Building, 1291 Conneaut Ave. The event begins at 11:45 am with the performance beginning at 12:15 pm. Call the Parks and Recreation Department, 419-354-6223 for more information.