Upcoming Public Meetings:
- The Community Improvement Committee of City Council is scheduled to meet July 5 at 6:00 pm in Council Chamber, 304 N. Church St. City Council will hold its regularly scheduled meeting at 7:00 pm.
- Planning Commission is scheduled to meet July 6 at 7:00 pm in Council Chamber.
4th of July Holiday
- Refuse and Recycling – Collection will be delayed one day the entire week of July 4 in observance of the Independence Day holiday.
- Fireworks – The annual fireworks display will occur on July 3 beginning at dusk. Fireworks will be fired from the BGSU Intramural Fields. Traffic will be affected following the display along Mercer Rd, E. Wooster St., Clough St., and Napoleon Rd. For more information regarding the fireworks and traffic changes please visit the City’s website.
Classics on Main
Classics on Main car show will occur on July 9 from noon until 4:00 pm in downtown. The car show will take place along Main St., from Clay to Pearl, with Main St. being closed to traffic. City parking lot 6, located next to the Senior Center, will also be closed.
Join the event organizer, The Sentinel-Tribune, for a FREE family event in downtown!
City Parking Lot 2
City Parking Lot 2, which is east of the 100 block of South Main St, will be closed for repaving beginning July 11. The closure is expected to last one week, which is dependent on weather and progress of work. The parking kiosk system will be installed in this parking lot once all repaving work is complete.
For more information, contact the Engineering Division at 419-354-6227 .
News from ODOT
The ramps to and from northbound I-75 at SR 64 (Wooster St – Exit 181) will be closed for pavement and concrete work during the week of July 11. This closure is scheduled to last until Friday, July 15. The detour during this closure is US 6 to SR 25.
City Park activities:
- Lunch in the Park: The Lunch in the Park series continues July 8. The July 8 lunch will include food for sale from Pita Pit and music by Chris Buzzelli performing on guitar.
- Concert in the Park: The next Concert in the Park is scheduled July 10 with the Jeff Tucker Band – A Variety of Rock, Pop, Country, & Jazz. The concert will begin at 7:00 pm from the Needle Hall stage of City Park.