Upcoming Public Meetings:
- Board of Public Utilities is scheduled to meet July 23 at 5:00 pm in Council Chamber, 304 N. Church St.
- Parks and Recreation Board is scheduled to meet July 24 at 7:00 pm in the Rotary Nature Center located at Wintergarden/St. John’s Nature Preserve, 615 S. Wintergarden Rd.
Firefly Nights Festival – July 20
In conjunction with the July Firefly Nights Festival scheduled for July 20, certain street closures and parking restrictions will be imposed in downtown Bowling Green.
Beginning at 2:00 pm on Friday, July 20, on-street parking will be prohibited on Main Street.
At 4:00 pm on Friday, July 20, Main Street, between Court St. and Washington St., will be closed to vehicular traffic. While Main Street is closed, no through traffic will be permitted on Clough Street. Wooster Street will remain open for east and westbound traffic throughout the festival.
During the Main Street closing, detour routes for local and truck traffic will be posted.
All streets will reopen and parking will be reinstated on Friday following the event.
The Festival is scheduled to occur from 6:00 – 10:00 pm. Details may be found on the Firefly Nights Festival website – www.fireflynightsbg.com.
Events at City Park
- Lunch in the Park: Join title sponsor, First Federal Bank, and lunch sponsor, Montessori School of Bowling Green, for Lunch in the Park this Friday, July 20! Lunch will be available for sale by Pita Pit beginning at 11:30 am until 1:00 pm. There will be a live musical performance by Tim Concannon performing on guitar.
- Concert in the Park: The last Concert in the Park of the year will occur this Sunday, July 22 from the Needle Hall stage located within City Park at 7:00 pm. This week’s performance is “Pride of Toledo Sweet Adeline & Voices of Harmony Barbershop.”
Parks and Recreation Sports Programs
- Youth Lacrosse Free Drop In Nights Scheduled!
Youth lacrosse drop in nights will be on Wednesdays; July 18th and 25th from 6:00 – 8:00 pm. Drop Ins will be held at the Bowling Green Athletic Fields located behind the Bowling Green Community Center, 1245 W. Newton Road. Please park at the west end of the Community Center parking lot to drop off your children. Youth lacrosse drop in nights will consist of pick up play, various skills challenges, and practice drills to help all skill levels (from beginner to advanced). For children new to the game, we will offer some learn to play type tips to get them started. If children have proper equipment and numbers permit, some small sided scrimmaging will be allowed as well. This is for children ages 6 and older. Participants may come and go during this 6:00 – 8:00 pm time period. Younger children may be accompanied by an adult. Starter sticks and balls will be provided for participants who do not have their own. This is a FREE program. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Eric Fletcher at 419-354-6223 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- “Throw to Glow” Disc Golf
The Inaugural “Throw to Glow” disc golf event is now open to youth AND adults ages 8 and up and has been moved to Saturday, July 28th from 8:00 – 9:30 pm. The event will take place at the Carter Park Disc Golf Course, 401 Campbell Hill Road. Participants who register by July 21st will receive a free glow disc. Snacks and drinks will be provided! Players of ALL skill levels are welcome. Costs are $12/resident and $16/non-resident. To register, please visit the Parks website or call 419-354-6223 for more details.