Upcoming Public Meetings:
- Board of Public Utilities is scheduled to meet January 28 at 5:00 pm in Council Chamber, 304 N. Church St.
- Parks and Recreation Board is scheduled to meet January 29 at 7:00 pm in the Simpson Building, 1291 Conneaut Ave.
Construction Update – Downtown Paving and Utility Project
As released this past December, the construction within the downtown area will continue into much of 2019. The completion of the Columbia Gas natural gas line replacement was the first of the underground utilities to be completed in conjunction with the downtown paving project. The next phase of the improvements will include replacing and repairing the water and sewer lines. The project area will encompass Main Street, from Oak to Ordway, and Wooster Street, from Prospect to Church.
Construction crews are scheduled to begin mobilizing for this work on February 4. The project will begin on South Main, specifically near Lehman and Ordway. While this work occurs, traffic will be impacted and detours will likely be necessary.
The utility portion of this project is anticipated to last through the spring of 2019. Once complete, a contractor will repave the downtown.
Questions about this may be directed to the Engineering Division at 419-354-6227.
2019 Tree Commission Photo Contest
The Bowling Green Tree Commission is kicking off its 2nd annual photo contest. The Tree Commission’s goal is to raise awareness of Bowling Green’s Urban Forest found both on public and private property.
In 2019, the Commission is asking citizens to submit photos highlighting trees in all four seasons – winter, spring, summer, and fall.
How the contest works:
- Visit the City’s website, go to the Arborist’s page and submit any eligible photo via the photo contest link.
- The deadline to submit entries is October 31.
- Finalists will be selected by the Tree Commission
- Once finalists are selected, the public will be invited to vote in order to identify the top photo for each season.
- Any amateur photographer residing in Bowling Green.
- Photos must be taken within the corporation limits of the City of Bowling Green.
- Photos must be of a tree, not of other landscape plants such as shrubs, annuals, perennials, etc.
- The top photo in each category (season) will receive a $25 gift certificate to one of the following: Bostdorff’s, Klotz Floral Design and Garden Center, or North Branch Nusery.
Questions about the photo contest may be directed to the City Arborist, Grant Jones, by calling 419-353-4101 or firstname.lastname@example.org.