Upcoming Public Meetings:
- Taxicab License Board of Review is scheduled to meet December 29 at 8:30 am in Council Chamber, 304 N. Church St.
- City Council is scheduled to meet December 29 at 5:00 pm in Council Chamber. This meeting of Council is in lieu of the meeting that would have taken place during the first week of January. There is no Council meeting during the first week of January, 2017.
- Planning Commission is scheduled to meet January 4 at 7:00 pm in Council Chamber.
- Human Relations Commission is scheduled to meet January 6 at 8:00 am in Council Chamber.
Swallow Your Pride, Call For A Ride
Wood County Safe Communities Coalition is once again sponsoring “Swallow Your Pride, Call For A Ride” for those who need a ride home on New Year’s Eve. Free transportation will be available from 11:00 pm on 12/31 to 4:00 am on 1/1. Rides will be available from local establishments in Bowling Green to anywhere in the city.
Call 419-823-7765 for this FREE service on New Year’s Eve!
Holiday Schedule Reminder
Refuse and Recycling collection will be delayed one day during the week of January 2. Regular Monday collection will occur on Tuesday, regular Tuesday collection will occur on Wednesday and so on. Christmas Tree curbside collection will occur during the week of January 9. To ensure collection, trees should be curbside by 7:00 am. All metal nails, tree stands, decorations, and lights must be removed. Please do not place trees in bags.
The City Administrative Services Building will be closed on January 2. Emergency Services and response will remain available.
Following the busy holiday season and the expected increase in recycling, there are some recycling tips that may be helpful.
- DO NOT bag your recyclables. By doing so the material will most likely be considered trash by the Bowling Green Recycling Center, which is the independent not-for-profit that the City contracts with to take the curbside recyclables.
- Put caps back on accepted plastic bottles and jars. Examples of accepted materials include – milk jugs, detergent/shampoo bottles, and pop/water bottles.
- Empty and flatten cardboard boxes. This saves space in your recycling container and helps the staff at the Recycling Center. DO NOT include the plastic “windows” found on some cardboard packaging to your recyclables. This material should be removed from the cardboard and placed into the refuse container.
- Wrapping Paper is not accepted by the Bowling Green Recycling Center and should be placed in the refuse container.
- Take glass to the Bowling Green Recycling Center 24-hour drop-off, located at 1040 N. College Dr.
For more tips and information about accepted materials, please visit the Public Works Division webpage.