Upcoming Public Meetings:
- City Council is scheduled to meet December 19 at 7:00 pm in Council Chamber, 304 N. Church St.
- Tree Commission is scheduled to meet December 20 at 4:00 pm in Council Chamber.
- The BG Housing Agency is scheduled to meet December 21 at 3:00 pm in Council Chamber.
As we approach the weekend, another winter storm system is forecasted to move into the Great Lakes region. Forecast models currently indicate that light snow will fall Friday afternoon, possibly becoming moderate Friday evening. It is possible that 2-4 inches of snowfall could occur before warmer temperatures move into the area Saturday, with precipitation changing from snow to a snow/rain mix and eventually to rain. Rain is forecasted to change back to snow Saturday evening into early Sunday. If 2 inches of accumulated snow does occur, the City may declare a snow emergency thereby restricting parking on snow streets so that the streets can be fully cleared before the temperatures drop, creating ice.
If a snow emergency is declared, notice will be given to the media as well as posted on the City’s website, Facebook page, Twitter, and the information signs at the Police and Public Works Division.
- Refuse and Recycling – weeks of December 26 and January 2: regular collection during these weeks will be delayed one day. Regular Monday collection will occur on Tuesday, regular Tuesday collection will occur on Wednesday, and so on.
- Christmas Tree Collection – curbside collection will occur during the week of January 9, 2017. To ensure collection, trees should be curbside by 7:00 am. All metal nails, tree stands, decorations, and lights should be removed and trees should not be placed in bags.
- City Hall will be closed on December 26 and January 2, 2017.
- Community Center will be open from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm on December 26 and January 2, 2017.
Emergency response will remain available.
Snow Street Reminders
The City of Bowling Green reminds citizens of responsibilities and regulations associated with winter weather, specifically snow streets and sidewalk clearing.
The City has several designated “Snow Streets” throughout the City. These streets are marked with blue and white signs. A list of designated streets is available on the Public Works Division webpage.
Any vehicle parked on a snow street must be removed within two hours after accumulation of two inches of snow. Vehicles parked in violation of snow regulations are subject to towing at owner’s expense and/or a citation. Even if you don’t live on a snow street, it is very helpful to remove vehicles from the street whenever possible. Doing so will expedite the road snow removal process.
For more information, visit the City’s website or call Public Works at 419-354-6227.
BBB News Alert! – Two Important Warnings About Scams
In a November news alert from the Better Business Bureau Serving Northwest Ohio, Dick Eppstein explains two important warnings about recent scams. These scams include calls claiming to be from Toledo Edison threatening to turn off electric service and about Ransomware.
Visit the City’s website to view the entire BBB News Alert!