Upcoming Public Meetings:
- Human Relations Commission is scheduled to meet September 2 at 8:00 am in Council Chamber, 304 N. Church St.
- The Community Improvement Committee of City Council is scheduled to meet September 6 at 6:00 pm in Council Chamber. The purpose of the meeting is to discuss complete streets. City Council will hold a public hearing for ordinance 8593 at 6:45 pm. City Council will hold it’s regularly scheduled meeting at 7:00 pm.
- Planning Commission is scheduled to meet September 7 at 7:00 pm in Council Chamber.
Black Swamp Arts Festival
In conjunction with the annual Black Swamp Arts Festival scheduled for September 9, 10, and 11, certain street closures and parking restrictions will be imposed in downtown Bowling Green.
Beginning at 6:00 am on Thursday, September 8, the eastern portion of City Parking Lot 2 will be closed. The entire lot will be closed beginning Friday, September 9 at 6:00 am.
At 3:00 am on Saturday, September 10, on-street parking will be prohibited in the following locations: Main Street between Clay and Pearl; Prospect between East Wooster and Clough; Clay between Main and Grove; and Clough between Main and S. Prospect. Any vehicle parked in these restricted areas after 3:00 am on Saturday will be towed at the owner’s expense.
At 4:00 am on Saturday, September 10, Main Street, between Clay and Pearl, will be closed to vehicular traffic. While Main Street is closed, no through traffic will be permitted on Oak, Court, Clough and Washington Streets. Wooster Street will remain open for east and westbound traffic throughout the festival.
During the Main Street closing, detour routes for local and truck traffic will be posted.
Throughout the event, shuttle buses will pick up visitors at the Bowling Green High School, Wood County Fairgrounds, Meijer, and Bowling Green State University. The buses will drop visitors off downtown at the Frontier Communications building as well as the Bowling Green Police Division.
All streets will reopen and parking will be reinstated on Sunday evening.
Boy Scout Soaring Eagle Half Marathon and 5k Run
The Boy Scouts annual half marathon and 5k run will take place in Bowling Green on September 3. The run will begin at 7:30 am from the Wood County Fairgrounds. The route will be as follows:
- West on Poe Rd
- North on Haskins Rd
- East on W. Newton Rd.
- South on Fairview Ave.
- East on Poe Rd.
- South on Main St.
- West on Sand Ridge Rd to the Slippery Elm Trail
- Exit the Slippery Elm Trail onto W. Gypsy Lane Rd.
- West onto Sand Ridge Rd.
- North on Wintergarden Rd.
- West on Pine Valley Dr. through the Stone Ridge subdivision exiting onto Mitchell Rd.
- North on Mitchell Rd.
- East on Conneaut Ave.
- North on Fairview Ave.
- West on Poe Rd.
- North on Village Dr. through the Village subdivision exiting into the Fairgrounds
Refuse and Recycling Collection Delayed Next Week
The City of Bowling Green offices will be closed on Monday, September 5 in observation of Labor Day.
As a result, all refuse and recycling collection will be delayed by one day per the following:
- Regular Monday collection will be collected on Tuesday
- Regular Tuesday collection will be collected on Wednesday
- Regular Wednesday collection will be collected on Thursday
- Regular Thursday collection will be collected on Friday
Questions about this schedule or the City’s refuse/recycling program may be directed to the Public Works Department at 419-354-6227.
Some Things To Do:
BGHS Athletics –
- September 3 – Girls Soccer at 11:00 am
- September 3 – Boys Soccer at 1:00 pm
Visit the BGCS website for more information.
BGSU Athletics –
- September 1 – Women’s Soccer at 7:00 pm
- September 2 – Volleyball at 7:00 pm
- September 2 – Men’s Soccer at 7:00 pm
- September 3 – Volleyball at 12:30 pm
Visit the BGSU Athletics calendar for more information.
Need some other ideas for things to do in BG? Check out the community calendar! Visit www.GoBGOhio.com for some fun, family friendly ideas for things to do.