Upcoming Public Meetings:
- City Council Committee-of-the-Whole is scheduled to meet September 4 at 6:00 pm in Council Chamber, 304 N. Church St. The purpose of the meeting is to discuss downtown parking and consider a liquor permit appeal filed by the Firefly Nights Festival. City Council will meet at 7:00 pm.
- Planning Commission is scheduled to meet September 5 at 7:00 in Council Chamber.
- Human Relations Commission is scheduled to meet September 7 at 8:00 am in Council Chamber.
Refuse and Recycling Collection Delayed Next Week
Non-24 hour City facilities will be closed on Monday, September 3 in observation of Labor Day. As a result, all refuse and recycling collection will be delayed by one day per the following:
- Regular Monday collection will be collected on Tuesday
- Regular Tuesday collection will be collected on Wednesday
- Regular Wednesday collection will be collected on Thursday
- Regular Thursday collection will be collected on Friday
Soaring Eagle Runs Half Marathon and 5k – September 1
The Boy Scouts annual half marathon and 5k run will take place in Bowling Green on September 1. The run will begin at 7:30 am from the Wood County Fairgrounds. It is anticipated that there will be nearly 1,000 participants. The route will be as follows:
- West on Poe Rd
- North on Haskins Rd
- East on W. Newton Rd.
- South on Fairview Ave.
- East on Poe Rd.
- South on Main St.
- West on Sand Ridge Rd to the Slippery Elm Trail
- Exit the Slippery Elm Trail onto W. Gypsy Lane Rd.
- West onto Sand Ridge Rd.
- North on Wintergarden Rd.
- West on Pine Valley Dr. through the Stone Ridge subdivision exiting onto Mitchell Rd.
- North on Mitchell Rd.
- East on Conneaut Ave.
- North on Fairview Ave.
- West on Poe Rd.
- North on Village Dr. through the Village subdivision exiting into the Fairgrounds
While runners are present on each road, traffic will be affected and traffic patterns may be altered.
Coffee with a Cop – Sept. 5
Join Bowling Green Police Division and the BGSU Police Officers for coffee and conversation on Wednesday, September 5 from 8:00 – 10:00 am at Biggby Coffee, 215 E. Wooster St. Ask questions, voice concerns, and discuss how they can serve you and your neighborhood!