Upcoming Public Meetings:
- Board of Public Utilities is scheduled to meet August 28 at 5:00 pm in Council Chamber, 304 N. Church St.
- Human Relations Commission is scheduled to meet September 1 at 8:00 am in Council Chamber, 304 N. Church St.
A number of construction projects have been underway in 2017. Residents are likely wondering when the current projects will be complete and what can be expected during the remainder of 2017 and into 2018. The following is a brief update of these projects:
- Conneaut/Fairview Paving: the paving project along Conneaut Avenue and Fairview Avenue is largely complete. The contractor will be striping and conducting final right-of-way restoration including minor dirt work and seeding. A portion of Conneaut, from Wintergarden to just west of Lafayette, will have a final surface course of asphalt applied in 2018 following the installation of a sanitary sewer line and pump station located at 1353 Conneaut Ave.
- Manville/Troup Waterline: the waterline located along the section of Manville Avenue, from 3rd Street to Napoleon Rd, has been scheduled for replacement and that work is currently underway. Once this work is complete, the contractor will move to the 100 and 200 blocks of Manville Avenue and Troup Street to replace the waterline located in that area. Both project areas include a waterline replacement and service line connections. Once service line connections are made, a boil advisory will be issued and affected residences will be notified. This project is scheduled for completion in November, 2017.
- East Court Street: a storm drain has been installed and combination sewer line has been relocated in the 100 block of East Court Street. As part of this project, overhead power lines will be buried and the associated utility pole will be removed. This project is anticipated to last through September.
Check out the rest of this news release!
Fall Soccer Challenge
The Valentis Athletica BG Soccer Challenge is scheduled to occur on August 26-27. The tournament will have games on the campus of BGSU as well as at the fields off of Research Drive near Meijer. As a result, increased traffic around campus near the football stadium and on Dunbridge Road near Meijer can be expected.