Upcoming Public Meetings:
- Board of Public Utilities is scheduled to meet August 27, 2018 at 5:00 pm in Council Chamber, 304 N. Church St.
- Parks and Recreation Board is scheduled to meet August 28 at 7:00 pm in the Community Center, 1245 W. Newton Rd.
BGSU Move-In – August 23
Mercer Road will be closed from East Wooster to Poe on August 23 from 7:00 am to 7:00 pm. The purpose of the closure is to assist with traffic flow associated with the BGSU first year student move-in, which will begin at 8:00 am.
- Conneaut Ave. Sewer Line: work continues to progress on the Conneaut Ave. sanitary sewer line and lift station project. It is anticipated that beginning the week of September 4, the contractor will begin work on the deep gravity sewer line. This portion of the project will entail closing Conneaut to through traffic from Wintergarden to Lafayette. This closure is anticipated to last through the month of October. During this work, the contractor will be excavating and installing the deep gravity sewer line. Once this portion of the project is complete, Conneaut from Wintergarden to Lafayette will be re-paved.
- Manville Ave. Paving: soft surface restoration is scheduled to continue this week which includes laying of topsoil and seeding. Dependent upon weather, the contractor is scheduled to begin milling and paving next week – beginning August 27. This portion of the project is anticipated to last through next week and into the week of September 3. Once pavement has been installed, striping will occur.
- Donbar/Rosalind Sewer Line: Water Distribution and Wastewater Collection Division crews are scheduled to begin work on the Donbar and Rosalind sewer line next week – August 27. This work is anticipated to last through October.
The above work schedules are dependent upon weather and progress of work.
News from ODOT – I-75/Wooster Roundabout Project
The Ohio Department of Transportation (ODOT) District Two announces the start of the I-75 at Wooster St/SR 64 interchange project. The project includes converting the two existing Wooster St/SR 64 signalized ramp intersections at I-75 to single lane roundabouts, rehabilitating the existing bridge with a new bridge deck, constructing a new multi-use path across I-75, and incorporating aesthetic features and lighting. Miller Brothers Construction of Archbold, Ohio, began work on the $10 million project this week.
Monday, August 20 through July 2019 – Overnight lane restrictions possible on I-75 between Poe Rd. and Napoleon Rd. Lane restrictions possible on SR64/Wooster St., between Alumni Dr. and S. Dunbridge Rd.
Visit the project website here: http://www.transportation.ohio.gov/districts/D02/Pages/I-75-at-Wooster-St-SR-64-Interchange.aspx
August Bike BG Ride
The third of a series of themed “slow roll” bike rides will be held Sunday, August 26th at 2pm. This ride titled, Back to School, will include a leisurely ride to Bowling Green City Schools. Stops will feature safe route suggestions for students riding to school, bike safety education, and important tips for all riders.
The ride will meet and end at the Girl Scout Building, City Park. Rides are free, family-friendly, and open to everyone. Each rider is required to wear a properly-fitted helmet and ride a correctly-sized bicycle in safe, working mechanical order. The route for this ride covers 6 miles. It is highly recommended that young riders, not able to travel this distance on their own, participate via a tow behind trailer or child bike seat. These rides are meant to be more recreational in nature and will travel at a speed comfortable for all riders.
Check out the rest of this news release on the City’s website!