Upcoming Public Meetings:
- City Council is scheduled to meet August 7 at 7:00 pm in Council Chamber, 304 N. Church St.
- Napoleon Road: the Napoleon Road resurfacing project is nearly complete. The Shelly Company applied the final surface course of asphalt as well as pavement striping. Minor earth work remains, but that should have no affect on traffic.
- Conneaut Avenue: the western portion of Conneaut, from Mitchell to Haskins, has been paved. The focus of the paving project has now shifted to the eastern portion of Conneaut, from Haskins to Grove. It is anticipated that this portion of the repaving project will be completed in the next two weeks.
- Fairview Avenue: Fairview will be paved along with the eastern portion of Conneaut. Most likely asphalt will be applied late this week, or early next week (the week of August 7). Once all paving is complete, the contractor will begin striping the entire project area (Conneaut and Fairview).
- East Court Street: The westbound lane of East Court, from Main to the entrance of City Parking Lot 1, will be closed during the week of July 31 for sewer and electrical work. This closure is anticipated to extend into the eastbound lane as well during certain portions of the project. The closures are planned to occur during the day only, however, depending on progress of work or weather, may continue overnight until road conditions are returned to a point that vehicles can travel safely through the area.
- Manville/Troup Waterline Replacement: The contractor will begin work on the waterline replacement project on Manville Avenue, from 3rd Street to Napoleon Road, next week (week of August 7). Throughout this work, portions of Manville will be closed during the day to through traffic. Once the waterline is installed and service lines are connected, boil advisories will be issued. The contractor will then move from this area to the 100 and 200 blocks of both Manville and Troup. Day closures and boil advisories will occur during this portion of the project as well. The project is anticipated to last through October, dependent upon weather and progress of work.
Questions about any of this work may be directed to the Engineering Division at 419-354-6227.
Party in the Park
Come and enjoy an evening of exciting crafts, games, and obstacle courses from all over the world during Party in the Park on Tuesday, August 8th from 6:00 – 8:00 pm in beautiful City Park! Join the Parks and Recreation Department, Wood County District Public Library, and Girl Scout Troop 10149 for a FREE fun night of adventure and exploration. After completing the entire 7-continent adventure course, everyone will get to help “build a better world” by selecting a book to start their very own “reading book chain.”
In case of inclement weather, Thursday August 10th has been established as a make-up date. Visit the Parks website for more information or call 419-354-6223.