Upcoming Public Meetings:
- Human Relations Commission is scheduled to meet April 6 at 8:00 am in Council Chamber, 304 N. Church St.
- Board of Public Utilities is scheduled to meet April 9 at 5:00 pm in Council Chamber.
- Board of Zoning Appeals is scheduled to meet April 11 at 7:00 pm in Council Chamber.
- Charter Review Committee is scheduled to meet April 12 at 4:00 pm in Council Chamber.
- Public Lands and Buildings Committee of City Council is scheduled to meet April 12 at 5:30 pm in Council Chamber. The purpose of the meeting is to discuss Chapter 113 of the Codified Ordinances pertaining to peddlers, solicitors, and itinerant merchants (food trucks).
Tree Commission Class
Martin Luther King, Jr. Tribute
The re-scheduled tribute to Martin Luther King, Jr. will occur on April 27 at 1:00 pm in the Wood County District Public Library, 251 N. Main St. The tribute is sponsored by the City of Bowling Green Human Relations Commission and will feature keynote speaker and Tuskegee Airman, Dr. Harold Brown, as well as Dr. Marsha Bordner. Drs. Brown and Bordner’s presentation is titled – “Keep Your Airspeed Up: The Story of a Tuskegee Airman”. Musical selections will be performed by the BGHS Madrigals along with Sheila Brown and Kingdom M’Powerment Praise Team.
Also at the event, the Human Relations Commission will present the annual Drum Major for Peace Award, named in honor of Dr. King.