In conjunction with the Memorial Day Parade scheduled for 10:00 am on Monday, May 27, several Bowling Green streets will be temporarily closed while the parade is in motion.
Street closures will be “rolling” meaning that roads will be closed shortly before the parade goes by and will re-open once the parade is past. The following parade route will be taken:
- Parade starts at Washington Street
- Parade will travel on North Main Street from Washington to Court Street
- At Court, the parade will turn east and proceed to the Wood County Courthouse
- The parade will turn north on Enterprise and proceed to Ridge Street for pedestrians and Merry Avenue for vehicles
- Via Ridge and Merry, the parade will end at Oak Grove Cemetery where there will be a program.
The parade will also stop at the Wood County Courthouse for the laying of wreaths.
Anyone going directly to the cemetery should utilize Merry Street for access. Note that only pedestrians will be allowed access to the Ridge entrance.