WASTE MATERIALS including recyclables, garbage, and refuse will be collected from 1 & 2 family dwellings on City streets once a week at the curb. Refuse/recycling collection is on a four day collection schedule. See the Four Day Refuse & Recycling Collection Map for your collection day.
Be sure to watch the local media for special item collection and for any changes in the pickup schedule that may occur due to holidays or inclement weather.
Want reminders about refuse/recycling collection schedule changes? Curious what can and cannot be recycled? Recycle Coach is your answer! Download our FREE app for custom calendars, reminders, a “What Goes Where?” search tool, and more! Also available on our website: Recycle Coach
Click here for the Holiday & Special Collection Calendar.
All items you wish to dispose of/recycle must be placed inside the containers with the lids close. Items placed next to the containers or overflowing containers will not be collected.
- Refuse and Recycling collected by the City shall only be placed in a City provided refuse/recycling container.
- Containers should be placed curbside no sooner than 5pm the evening before collection and no later than 7am the day of collection. Note: The City cannot guarantee collection for containers placed curbside after 7:00 am.
- Containers must be a minimum of 5 feet apart with the lids closed and facing the street or they may not be collected.
- All containers must be removed from the City right of way by 7am the day following collection. Note: Failure to do so may result in a citation.
- Container Storage: On non-collection days all refuse containers shall be stored within an enclosed area, screened from the street, or in the side or rear yard with the lid closed. Note: Failure to do so may result in a citation.
Refrigerators, freezers, dehumidifiers, air conditioners, tires, chemicals, solvents, fuels, and liquid paint will NOT be picked up by City refuse crews. The Household Recycling Guide can direct you on proper disposal.
The City is not authorized to pick up building materials, construction or demolition refuse, sod, or rocks. These items may be taken to the Wood County Landfill (Landfill fees apply).
Small items left at the curb will not be collected. Please place such items inside your refuse container.
KEEP OUR NEIGHBORHOODS CLEAN!
- Please do not fill above the top of the trash or recycling container. Lid Must be CLOSED!
- Do not place trash in the recycling container!
- Do not bag your recycling! Place all recyclables in the container loose.
- Do not place brush or yard waste in either container.
- Do not place refuse beside the containers. It will not be collected.
Failure to comply may result in a citation or loss of City refuse collection.
Click here for Refuse Collection Regulations & Fee Information.
For locations served by city refuse collection per city ordinance, special collections for leaves, brush, large items, and Christmas Trees are available.
Details can be found at the links provided below:
QUICK LINKS TO HELPFUL INFORMATION:
- Automated Curbside Recycling Collection Program
- Bowling Green Recycling Center’s 24 Hour Drop Off Program
- Wood County’s 24 Hour Drop Off Recycling Program
- Household Recycling Guide
- Chapter 94