Hours: 1/2 hour before sunrise and 1/2 hour after sunset
No pets shall be permitted in Oak Grove Cemetery unless being utilized specifically as a service animal.
MAINTENANCE OF GRAVE LOTS:
- Fences, hedges, posts, decorative stone, and enclosures of any kind around graves and lots are prohibited.
- Grave blankets shall be allowed from November 1 to March 1. After March 1, the city has the right to remove any grave blankets remaining. Cut, artificial, and/or potted flowers may be placed on either side of the monument or headstone but not on the grave or in the walkway. No glass containers will be permitted.
- Flags may be displayed at graves on holidays but must be removed within one week.
- Sod shall not be removed from the tops of the graves.
- Trees, large shrubbery, and vines are prohibited on lots and graves. Shrubbery not exceeding 18 inches in diameter and 36 inches in height will be allowed on either side of the monument or headstone, but not on the grave or in the walkway. The shrubbery shall not extend beyond the lot and grave limits.
- Private plantings must be maintained or be subject to removal by the city.
Click here for Oak Grove Cemetery Ordinances & Regulations