Click here to the Plant Your Way to Lower Energy Costs.
The City of Bowling Green has planted over 3020 trees since May 2004 through May 2012. We have provided 1200 tree seedlings to 5th grade elementary children through our Arbor Day Programs in 2005 through 2012.
- Trees are natural air filters, removing dust and some toxic pollutants.
- Trees can reduce air conditioning requirements of building by 10-50%.
- Each planted stores about 13 pounds of carbon annually.
- A mature tree can transpire up to 200 gallons of water during a hot day.
- Trees reduce sound by as much as 60%.
- One healthy 80 feet tall tree will supply daily oxygen requirements of 2 average-size families.