Please call 419-354-6223 to check for indoor facility availability
- Trail & Facility Accessibility for Mobility Devices
- Rental Contract
- Rental Policies
- How to Rent a Facility
- Check Shelter Availability
- City Park
- Community Center
- Carter Park
- Simpson Garden Park
- Rotary Nature Center at Wintergarden/St.John’s Nature Preserve
Thank you for considering our Department of Parks and Recreation facilities. We can serve as a beautiful backdrop for your event. However, because we are a public parks and recreation agency, there are some restrictions you should be aware of, which are detailed in the Rental Policies (above). Foremost is the fact that our parks must be carefully cared for and available to all citizens during our operating hours. We thank you for your patronage and look forward to assisting you in scheduling your upcoming activity.
- Call the Parks & Recreation Office at 419-354-6223 to check for date availability and to have a facility placed on a tentative hold (see below). The Rental Policies and Contract are available for download above.
- We can tentatively hold a specific rental date, time and facility for seven days without a payment and paperwork. After the seven days has expired without payment, the facility will be released from tentative hold. The Rental Contract must also be filled out and returned within that seven day time period.
- Contracts and payments can be delivered in person or mailed to the Parks & Recreation Office (Community Center) at 1245 W. Newton Rd, Bowling Green. Contracts can also be faxed to 419-353-6535.
- Community Center, Simpson, Scout, Veterans and Needle Hall building rentals must be made a minimum of 30 days prior to the event date, otherwise additional $35 fee will be incurred. All shelter house reservations must be made a minimum of 16 days before your rental date.
Holiday Facility Rentals
Starting in 2019, all indoor facility will either be closed or have an additional fee to rent.
The BGPR indoor facilities will be closed from rental on the following holidays:
New Years Day
There will be an additional cost of $50 per 4 hour block and $100 per 8 hour and all day rentals on the following observed city holidays:
Martin Luther King Day