For everyone’s health and safety, please follow all complex rules.
BG City Pool and Water Park Rules
**COVID-19 POLICIES IN PLACE TO START THE 2021 SEASON. SUBJECT TO CHANGE AS CDC RESTRICTIONS & GUIDELINES CHANGE. UNTIL THEN, THESE 5 RULES SUPERSEDE ALL OTHER RULES LISTED ELSEWHERE.
- BG City Pool & Water Park capacity will be limited to 50% to allow for social distancing in and out of the water.
- Admission will be restricted to seasonal passholders ONLY. Purchasing daily passes will not be in an option to begin the 2021 season. This is subject to change as restrictions loosen. For information about Pool Pass prices please visit that page.
- Seasonal passes are available for purchase to both Residents and Nonresidents.
- Masks/Face Coverings are to be work when entering/exiting the facility, in restrooms, or while in line for concessions. They should not be worn while in the water.
- Seating will be arranged to allow for social distancing. Groups should be no more than 10 people and should maintain safe social distancing from other groups.
- Food and beverages may not be brought into the City Pool. Infant food in plastic containers are the only exceptions.
- Food purchased at the concession stand must be consumed in the designated concession eating area. Food, Beverages and gum are not permitted in the pool or on the pool deck.
- Coolers as well as glass containers are not permitted in the City Pool.
- There will be a 10 min. break every hour. During the breaks adults 18 years or older may use the lap pool, water slide, diving boards and lazy river. Parents may take children under the age of four (4) into the pool with them during rest periods.
- All persons entering the City Pool must be a current pass holder or pay the daily entrance fee.
- Daily fee patrons; No cash refunds will be given. If the Aquatic Complex closes due to inclement weather conditions and does not reopen after the first hour of operation for that day, daily fee patrons shall be entitled to a rain check redeemable for a daily admission at any time during the current pool season. This policy applies to Open Swim times only. No rain checks will be given if the pool closes for any reason after the first hour of operation.
- The lifeguards and other pool staff on duty are in charge and reserve the right to make behavioral modifications as they see fit.
- Coast Guard approved personal floatation devices are allowed only in shallow water (NOT BEYOND 3 FEET) and children wearing them are required to be within an arms length of a supervising adult. Noodles are permitted in shallow water and are limited to one per person. No inflatable flotation devices will be permitted.
- Flying saucer discs (Frisbees) are not permitted in the pool. Nerf or other soft balls shall be permitted subject to the discretion of the manager on duty.
- Snorkels and scuba gear, rafts and inner tubes are not permitted at any time. Goggles, fins, and masks that do not cover the nose and are made of plastic will be allowed. Inner tubes provided by staff for use in lazy river.
- No running.
- Swimmers may not hang on divider ropes or lap lines or play on ladders or stairsChildren 6 years old or younger must be supervised by an adult within arms reach at all times.
- You must be 48 inches tall to ride on the waterslide or use lazy river. No exceptions. (Please see the measurement guide at the base of the waterslide, lazy river or front desk for reference!)
- The Toddler Area is reserved for children age four and under and must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- Bathing suits must be worn in the pool. Jeans, shorts, underwear or any sort of non-swimming apparel is not permitted. T-shirts that are not offensive may be worn over swimsuits.
- Patrons with open wounds, wearing band aids, have stitches or skin infections are not allowed in the pool. Please do not swim if you have diarrhea or for 2 weeks after symptoms subside.
- Please shower before entering the pool.
- The use of tobacco products is prohibited in all of City Park.
- Children in diapers must wear Swim Diapers in the pool. Disposable diapers are NOT Permitted. Swim Diapers are available for sale at the concessions stand.
Splash Pad Rules
- Play at your own risk. No lifeguard on duty.
- Adult supervision is required.
- No Running.
- Balls not permitted.
- No food is allowed on the spray ground. Please keep all food and beverages in the designated areas.
- No glass.
- Do not use pool when you have diarrhea
- Wash hands after using rest room or changing diapers
- Take regular restroom breaks, change diapers only in a rest room
- Water is not for drinking
- Footwear is recommended.