Please Note: when making a donation through PayPal,
please add your name and mailing address to the notes.
The 2021 BGPR Foundation Membership Drive is underway!
Please join us in our mission to support the BG Parks & Recreation Department.
If you would like to use PayPal to join, please add the following to the “notes” section of the PayPal screen: Name, Address, Phone, Email and “2021 Membership Drive”.
Click below to read about all the exciting things the Foundation did in 2020 to help BG Parks & Recreation.
If you have any questions, please feel free to call Cheryl at 419.354.6297 or send an email to .
2021 Wine & Cheese Fundraiser Date is
September 24, 2021!
Foundation General Information
- Established in 1992 in response to a growing call for more beautiful parks and additional recreational programs.
- Memberships, tax-deductible donations, and funds from the Annual Wine and Cheese Social and Auction allow the Foundation to support BG Parks and Recreation Department.
- Purchased 19.6 acres now known as Tucker Woods through the $480,000 Save the Woods campaign.
- Raised over $700,000 to build and endow Simpson Garden Park.
- Coordinated fundraising efforts for Ridge Park construction.
- Raised over $33,000 toward land for athletic fields located by the Bowling Green Community Center.
- In 2016, supported the purchase of splash pad creatures for the pool, BG Community Mosaic Project, Kuebeck Forum, and the Youth Archery Program.
- Also in 2016, completed Building On Nature Phase I project (building a storage/year-round restroom facility for Wintergarden/St. John Nature Preserve).
- In 2017, Building On Nature Phase II project (upgrades to the Nature Center in Wintergarden/St. John Nature Preserve) initiated.
With your help, everything you loved as a child – baseball on hot summer days, running barefoot through the park, playing basketball or even learning to dance – is assured to be available to all of us.
Simply put, providing the kinds of parks, recreation facilities, and programs that the people of Bowling Green want the most often cost more than the city can afford. This is why the Bowling Green Parks and Recreation Foundation needs your help.
Your dollars go towards enhancing these open spaces, facilities and programs – and, in turn, help build a stronger community. Member benefits include a spring breakfast, summer picnic and concert, and other activities throughout the year. HELP SUPPORT YOUR PARKS.