Please Note: when making a donation through PayPal,
please add your name and mailing address to the notes.
2019 Wine & Cheese is on September 27, 2019. Contact Cheryl at 419.354.6297 or by email at email@example.com for more information.
We hope to see you there!
Parks Make Life Better T-Shirts
Top 3 reasons to buy a shirt:
- You will be supporting the BG Parks & Recreation Foundation!
- They make great gifts!
- They look great and help promote our parks!
Navy Short Sleeve Shirts
YOUTH SIZES: $15.00
ADULT SIZES: $20.00
Green Long Sleeve Shirts
YOUTH SIZES: $20.00
ADULT SIZES: $25.00
Cash or Check Accepted
(Checks made out to The BG Parks & Rec Foundation)
T-shirts can be purchased at the Simpson Building (1291 Conneaut Avenue).
Enroll in the Kroger Community Rewards Program
- Established in 1992 in response to a growing call for more beautiful parks and additional recreational programs.
- Memberships, tax-deductible donations, and funds from the Annual Wine and Cheese Social and Auction allow the Foundation to support BG Parks and Recreation Department.
- Purchased 19.6 acres now known as Tucker Woods through the $480,000 Save the Woods campaign.
- Raised over $700,000 to build and endow Simpson Garden Park.
- Coordinated fundraising efforts for Ridge Park construction.
- Raised over $33,000 toward land for athletic fields located by the Bowling Green Community Center.
- In 2016, supported the purchase of splash pad creatures for the pool, BG Community Mosaic Project, Kuebeck Forum, and the Youth Archery Program.
- Also in 2016, completed Building On Nature Phase I project (building a storage/year-round restroom facility for Wintergarden/St. John Nature Preserve).
- In 2017, Building On Nature Phase II project (upgrades to the Nature Center in Wintergarden/St. John Nature Preserve) initiated.
With your help, everything you loved as a child – baseball on hot summer days, running barefoot through the park, playing basketball or even learning to dance – is assured to be available to all of us.
Simply put, providing the kinds of parks, recreation facilities, and programs that the people of Bowling Green want the most often cost more than the city can afford. This is why the Bowling Green Parks and Recreation Foundation needs your help.
Your dollars go towards enhancing these open spaces, facilities and programs – and, in turn, help build a stronger community. Member benefits include a spring breakfast, summer picnic and concert, and other activities throughout the year. HELP SUPPORT YOUR PARKS.
2018 Spirit of the Foundation Award
Pictured above is Foundation Board Member Martha Mazzarella presenting Larry Nadar with the Spirit of the Foundation Award.
The Spirit of the Foundation Award was created in 1999 to acknowledge those community members who have gone above and beyond in support of the mission of the BGPR Foundation. The mission is to support and enhance the activities of the Parks & Recreation Department and to help ensure that it will continue to provide quality leisure opportunities for the residents of Bowling Green. This year the Spirit of the Foundation Award was given to Gail and Larry Nader, who have done so much for the Bowling Green Parks and its Foundation. Larry was a Foundation Board member for many years and was Foundation Board President for a period of time. Larry and Gail have contributed mightily to our Annual Wine and Cheese Social event, every year:
- Loaning us dozens of wine glasses,
- Making their fabulous artichoke dip
- Offering & then preparing their Lebanese dinner
- Partnering with other generous donors in a progressive dinner for the Live Auction
- Assisting as emcee at the Live Auction
The Parks and Recreation Foundation is proud to have Larry and Gail Nader as partners in our mission!!