Please Note: when making a donation through PayPal,
please add your name and mailing address to the notes.
The Bowling Green Parks and Recreation Foundation is offering Commemorative Bricks to be placed at the Memorial Walkways in Simpson Garden Park. Bricks are donated in honor/memory of a loved one or to commemorate a special occasion. Engraved bricks are $150 each and last a lifetime; engraved bricks add to the beauty of the Garden and give friends and families a way to always remember their loved ones or a special occasion.
Parks Make Life Better T-Shirts
Top 3 reasons to buy a shirt:
- You will be supporting the BG Parks & Recreation Foundation!
- They make great gifts!
- They look great and help promote our parks!
Navy Short Sleeve Shirts
YOUTH SIZES: $15.00
ADULT SIZES: $20.00
Green Long Sleeve Shirts
YOUTH SIZES: $20.00
ADULT SIZES: $25
Cash or Check Accepted
(Checks made out to The BG Parks & Rec Foundation)
T-shirts can be purchased at the Community Center and the Simpson Building.
Enroll in the Kroger Community Rewards Program
- Established in 1992 in response to a growing call for more beautiful parks and additional recreational programs.
- Memberships, tax-deductible donations, and funds from the Annual Wine and Cheese Social and Auction allow the Foundation to support BG Parks and Recreation Department.
- Purchased 19.6 acres now known as Tucker Woods through the $480,000 Save the Woods campaign.
- Raised over $700,000 to build and endow Simpson Garden Park.
- Coordinated fundraising efforts for Ridge Park construction.
- Raised over $33,000 toward land for athletic fields located by the Bowling Green Community Center.
- In 2016, supported the purchase of splash pad creatures for the pool, BG Community Mosaic Project, Kuebeck Forum, and the Youth Archery Program.
- Also in 2016, completed Building On Nature Phase I project (building a storage/year-round restroom facility for Wintergarden/St. John Nature Preserve).
- In 2017, Building On Nature Phase II project (upgrades to the Nature Center in Wintergarden/St. John Nature Preserve) initiated.
With your help, everything you loved as a child – baseball on hot summer days, running barefoot through the park, playing basketball or even learning to dance – is assured to be available to all of us.
Simply put, providing the kinds of parks, recreation facilities, and programs that the people of Bowling Green want the most often cost more than the city can afford. This is why the Bowling Green Parks and Recreation Foundation needs your help.
Your dollars go towards enhancing these open spaces, facilities and programs – and, in turn, help build a stronger community. Member benefits include a spring breakfast, summer picnic and concert, and other activities throughout the year. HELP SUPPORT YOUR PARKS.
2016 Spirit of the Foundation Award
Alex Hann has been a friend of the Bowling Green Parks and Recreation Foundation for many years. For that reason, he was presented with The Spirit of the Foundation Award on Saturday April 29, 2017 at the Foundation’s Annual Meeting at the Nature Center at Wintergarden/St. John Preserve Park.
A Bowling Green resident, Mr. Hann owns and operates ASL Audio, a sound and lighting business he started as a young man. He washonored with this award because he has donated his services to the Foundation for the Wine and Cheese Social and Auction event for years.
Alex moved to Bowling Green with his parents and 3 younger siblings in 1967 at the age of 11. He graduated from BGHS in 1974. While working at BGSU, he started ASL Audio. While nurturing this young business, Alex worked at BGSU, first in a maintenance role and then for 31 years in the Physics Department. Mr. Hann designed and constructed equipment for professors’ research projects. In 2010, after 35 years at BGSU, he retired.
Mr. Hann is involved in many community events, such as the Black Swamp Arts and Music Festival and the Classics on Main Car Show.
The Spirit of the Foundation Award was created in 1999 to acknowledge community members who have gone “above and beyond” for the Parks and Recreation Department and Foundation. The Foundation’s mission is to support and enhance the activities of the Parks and Recreation Department and to help ensure that it will continue to provide quality leisure opportunities for the citizens of Bowling Green.