There are multiple construction projects currently underway. Below is a summary of these projects along with anticipated schedules. Questions about respective projects should be addressed with the individual department/division or entity listed. The schedule outlined is dependent on weather and progress of work.
- The Columbia Gas project within the downtown area is anticipated to be complete soon. The City was recently notified that all of the associated low-pressure natural gas lines have been retired and that the focus through this week and next will be on restoration efforts including sidewalk and street repairs. Questions about the Columbia Gas work should be directed to Raquel Colon, External Affairs Specialist for Columbia Gas. Ms. Colon may be reached at or 419-539-6206.
- The City is scheduled to begin the installation of a water line, sewer line, and miscellaneous electrical upgrades throughout the downtown beginning January, 2019. This work is anticipated to last until the spring, with a contract completion date for the contractor of April 30, 2019.
- Following the utility work, the downtown area will be repaved. It is anticipated that this work should begin in May, 2019 – with a contract completion date of October, 2019. Questions about the utility and paving projects should be directed to the City’s Engineering Division at 419-354-6227.
Conneaut Sanitary Sewer Project:
- It is anticipated that by the end of next week, all sanitary sewer work will be complete. Concrete work is tentatively scheduled to begin next week (10/29/18) and paving to occur during the month of November.
- Questions about the utility and paving projects should be directed to the City’s Engineering Division at 419-354-6227.
Rosalind/Donbar Sewer Line:
- Work has been slowed due to some unexpected difficulties and conditions – shallow bedrock and deteriorated conditions of existing facilities that were not a part of the project. To date nearly 300 feet of sewer line has been installed. It is anticipated this work will be complete in mid-December.
- Questions about this work may be directed to the Water Distribution and Wastewater Collection Division at 419-354-6277.