For residents looking to stay up to date on refuse/recycling collection changes, reduce their household waste and become better recyclers, look no further than the Recycle Coach platform—now available in Bowling Green.
With Recycle Coach, residents can:
- Stay organized with custom curbside collection and events calendars
- Receive collection reminders and real-time updates on service disruptions
- Become recycling experts with a comprehensive “What Goes Where?” search tool, including local disposal information and collection requirements for common and uncommon items
- Take the “What Type of Recycler Are You?” quiz for useful recycling tips and tricks
- Use the problem-reporting tool, equipped with geolocation, to notify municipal customer services about issues like missed collections
The City is excited to partner with Bowling Green State University and join the Recycle Coach network, which will transform how local collection, waste, and recycling information is communicated to residents.
Residents can access Recycle Coach from their desktop computers, mobile devices, or through digital assistants like Amazon Alexa and Google Home. By leveraging the power of voice technology, the platform makes it easy for people to get local disposal information for thousands of household items when they need it. And the best part: it’s absolutely free.
Ultimately, the service takes the guesswork out of recycling, empowering residents to make smarter disposal decisions and take an active approach to reducing household waste. For Bowling Green, this will translate into higher recycling rates and less contamination in the recycling stream—a win-win for everyone.
Questions may be directed to the City’s Sustainability Office at 419-354-6222.