The paving contractor has made considerable progress in the Downtown area this morning accelerating the completion of additional sections of concrete. This progress is allowing them to advance faster than anticipated onto the southbound lanes of N. Main St. As a result, the southbound lane of N. Main St. will be closed from Clay St. to W. Wooster from 7:00 AM to 10:00 AM on Friday, July 26th. Northbound traffic on Main St. will be maintained.
Below is the (updated) anticipated pour schedule and traffic impacts for the next week:
• Southbound lanes of N. Main St. closed Friday, July 26th from 7:00 AM-10:00 AM
• W. Washington intersection reopens Friday, July 26th.
• Ordway intersection scheduled to reopen Friday, July 26th
• W. Oak intersection scheduled to reopen Monday, July 29th
• Pearl & S. Main intersection will be poured Monday, July 29th and will reopen on Wednesday, July 31st
• W. Court intersection will be closed and poured Monday, July 29th and will reopen on Wednesday, July 31st
• On Tuesday, July 30th, the remaining southbound lanes of N. Main St. will be poured
The utility contractor is finishing the installation of water service and fire lines on West Wooster. This work is anticipated to last until the end of this week or possibly into next week. This will complete the utility portion of the Downtown project.
The timeline above is dependent upon progress of work and weather. Continued patience with the ongoing construction is appreciated. Questions about this work may be directed to the Engineering Division at 419-354-6227.