Who should I go to first?

You should take a complaint about an officer to his/her Section or Bureau Commander. If he or she is not available, ask for the on-duty shift supervisor. If the complaint is against a supervisor, contact the Bureau Commander or Office of the Chief of Police.

Show All Answers

1. What about the lie detector?
2. What if I'm not satisfied with the results of this investigation?
3. Will I have to write out my complaint?
4. Will I be told how the complaint is resolved?
5. Could I get in trouble for complaining?
6. Does that mean the police division wants complaints?
7. Will you listen to my complaint?
8. Who should I go to first?
9. I want to take this all the way to the top. Will the chief of police know?
10. Do I have to complain in person?
11. I'm under 18. Do I have a right to complain?
12. What will happen to the officer?
13. How thoroughly will you really investigate?