Rally BG: 3 on 3 BasketBall Tournament
U-14 Boys & Girls Co-ed Division
All participants on these teams must be under the age of 14 years on August 27, 2022.
U-18 Boys & Girls Co-Ed Division
All participants on these teams must be under the age of 18 years on August 27, 2022.
18+ Men & Women Division
This division is open to all participants aged 18 & over on August 27, 2022.
All teams must be pre-registered by Saturday, August 20, 2022. To register your team, click here. Registration is free for participants but each individual participating must complete a waiver and follow the format rules described below. A maximum of 6 teams per age division will be accepted. If spaces remain for teams on the day of the event, we may be able to accept additional teams but there is no guarantee. Please register in advance to guarantee your team a spot in the tournament.
- Games will be 3 vs 3, half-court format.
- Each team can consist of up to 4 players, male or female.
- If players on the team are of varying ages, younger individuals can play up an age division but older players cannot play down an age division. Players may not play up more than a single age division (U14 players can not play in the 18+ Division).
- Baskets will be 10 feet in height for all age divisions.
- The U-14 Division will use a 28.5” size basketball and The U-18 and the 18+ Division will use a 29.5” size basketball.
- A field goal is worth 1 point.
- A successful goal from behind a designated line is worth 2 points. The player shooting must have both feet completely behind the line when initiating the attempt.
- Games will be played to 11 points straight, or a 15-minute time limit (whichever comes first). All games will have a 15-minute time limit. The Game Official starting time will be recorded by the Game Official on the scoresheet. The Game Official time will be under the jurisdiction of the Game Official. (The “clock” will be stopped only during official timeouts-regular and/or injury.) The team leading at the end of 15 minutes will be declared the winner. If the game is tied after 15 minutes of play and no team has reached the required number of points to win the game, the teams will have a free throw shoot-out with teams alternating free throw attempts until one team wins a round. Each player on each team must alternate turns.
- The tournament will be a round-robin format where every team plays every other team in their division once. The team with the best record after all the games have been played will be declared the champion.
- In the case of two teams tied for best record, the team that won the head-to-head match-up between the tied teams will be declared the champion.
- In the case of three teams tied for best record, the team with the greatest margin of points scored and points given up will be declared the champion.
- Teams must remain at the courts throughout the duration of their participation so that they are ready to take the court for their next game as a court becomes available.
- The anticipated time range for games in each age division will be as follows:
U14 Division: Games played between 1:30pm & 3:15pm
U18 Division: Games played between 3:00pm & 5:00pm
18+ Division: Games played between 5:00pm & 6:45pm