The Bowling Green Tree Commission 2nd annual photo contest is underway and there is still time for you to participate! The Tree Commission’s goal is to raise awareness of Bowling Green’s Urban Forest found both on public and private property.
In 2019, the Commission is asking citizens to submit photos highlighting trees in all four seasons – winter, spring, summer, and fall.
How the contest works:
- Visit the City’s website www.bgohio,org, go to the Arborist’s page and submit any eligible photo via the photo contest link. (www.bgohio.org/departments/public-works-departments/arborist/)
- The deadline to submit entries is October 31.
- Finalists will be selected by the Tree Commission
- Once finalists are selected, the public will be invited to vote in order to identify the top photo for each season.
- Any amateur photographer residing in Bowling Green.
- Photos must be taken within the corporation limits of the City of Bowling Green.
- Photos must be of a tree, not of other landscape plants such as shrubs, annuals, perennials, etc.
- The top photo in each category (season) will receive a $25 gift certificate to one of the following: Bostdorff’s, Klotz Floral Design and Garden Center, or North Branch Nusery.
Questions about the photo contest may be directed to the City Arborist, Grant Jones, by calling 419-353-4101 or .