Upcoming Public Meetings:
- Board of Zoning Appeals is scheduled to meet tonight, July 12, at 7:00 pm in Council Chamber, 304 N. Church St.
- City Council is scheduled to meet July 17 at 7:00 pm in Council Chamber.
- Tree Commission is scheduled to meet July 18 at 4:00 pm in Council Chamber.
Events in City Park
- Lunch in the Park: lunch in the park continues this Friday, July 14th! Lunch will be available for purchase from 11:30 am – 1:00 pm. This week’s lunch will be provided by Beckett’s Burger Bar, with music by Tapestry performing on harp and guitar. Join title sponsor First Federal Bank for a fun lunch in beautiful City Park!
- Concert in the Park: the summer concert series continues this Sunday, July 16th! The performance by Kerry Patrick Clark and Band – Folk and Original – will begin at 7:00 pm from the stage at Needle Hall. Come and enjoy a FREE performance!
Pet Show – July 12
Impress your friends and neighbors with your favorite pet tonight at the 56th Annual Pet Show! The show begins at 7:00 pm from the Needle Hall Stage in City Park, 520 Conneaut Ave. All pets are welcome to participate and you can register at Needle Hall tonight if you haven’t already done so. Some of the categories are: funniest pet name, most unusual pet, best dressed pet, biggest rodent, and much more!
Come to City Park and enjoy the show!
- Napoleon Road: concrete work has been completed. The final paving and striping is planned to occur in conjunction with the Conneaut Avenue paving.
- Conneaut Avenue: concrete and drainage work will begin next week, starting at the west end and moving east. Once concrete work has been completed through the Wintergarden intersection, the paving contractor will mill the asphalt from Wintergarden to Mitchell Road. That work is anticipated to last two days. The trench along Conneaut from the waterline project will be repaired once milling is complete. The paving of the portion of Conneaut from Wintergarden to Grove Street will follow with an anticipated start date around the first week of August.
All work and the timeline described above are contingent upon weather and progress of work. Questions about this should be directed to the Engineering Division at 419-354-6227.
City Pool – July 15 and 16
The Bowling Green City Pool and Waterpark will host the CHAMPS swim meet on July 15 and 16 which will require the pool and waterpark to be closed to the general public. HOWEVER, the splash pad will be open FREE of charge! Come and check out the exciting new animal and water features recently added to the splash pad.
Questions should be directed to the Parks and Recreation Department at 419-354-6223.
Wooster Green – design options presentation
The Wooster Green Steering Committee invites the community to a presentation of the Wooster Green design options. The presentation will be held Wednesday, July 19, 4:00 p.m. in the First Floor Meeting Room at the Wood County District Public Library, 251 N. Main St.
Attendees will have the opportunity to provide their feedback. The design options will be on display in the Library through July 26. Additionally, from July 19 through July 26, the designs will be posted to the City’s website along with a way to submit feedback.