The Public Works Division is responsible for the following activities:
LEAF PICK-UP STATUS: Public Works has completed the final round of leaf pick-up. The drop-off located at the Public Works Service Building, 815 East Poe Rd., is available for residents to use.
- Licenses & Bonds (Concrete Sidewalks, Plumbing, Rubbish)
- Street, Alley & Parking Lot Repair
- Street and Parking Lot Striping
- Street Cleaning – Sweeping
- Snow Removal
- Dead Animal Removal (for animals hit in the public right-of-way, does not include pets)
- Grass mowing for all City property
- Repair and Replacement of Street Signs
- Work with City Arborist on City tree maintenance.
- Weed Complaints & Snow Removal are handled by the Planning Department. Call 419-354-6218
- Oak Grove Cemetery Care and Maintenance
- Oak Grove Cemetery rules regarding grave site maintenance (remaining ordinances for Oak Grove Cemetery can be found in Chapter 91 of City Codified Ordinances):
Ordinance 91.09 MAINTENANCE OF GRAVE LOTS.
(A) Fences, hedges, posts, decorative stone, and enclosures of any kind around graves and lots are prohibited.
(B) Grave blankets shall be allowed from November 1 to April 1. After April 1, the city has the right to remove any grave blankets remaining. Cut, artificial, and/or potted flowers may be placed on either side of the monument or headstone but not on the grave or in the walkway. No glass containers will be permitted.
(C) Flags may be displayed at graves on holidays but must be removed within one week.
(D) Sod shall not be removed from the tops of the graves.
(E) Trees, large shrubbery, and vines are prohibited on lots and graves. Shrubbery not exceeding 18 inches in diameter and 36 inches in height will be allowed on either side of the monument or headstone, but not on the grave or in the walkway. The shrubbery shall not extend beyond the lot and grave limits.
(F) Private plantings must be maintained or be subject to removal by the city.