Click on the link below for a pdf file of the City of Bowling Green’s 2016 Request for Qualifications for Professional Design Services.
Pursuant to Ohio Revised Code Section 153.71, the City of Bowling Green is hereby soliciting Statements of Qualifications from qualified firms to provide professional design services for various City projects. The qualification statements submitted will be kept on file and evaluated for design requirements when the City of Bowling Green is planning to contract for professional design services with an estimated design fee of less than $50,000. Interested firms shall demonstrate knowledge and experience in at least one of the following service categories:
1. Transportation, Safety, and Planning Studies
2. Roadway Design
3. Roadway Lighting Design
4. Traffic Signal Design
5. Surveying, Mapping, and Construction Staking
6. Water Treatment Plant and Distribution Design
7. Wastewater Treatment Plant and Sewer Collection Design
8. Electrical Substation and Distribution Design
9. Storm Water Design and Management
10. Construction Engineering and Administration Services
11. Material Testing and Laboratory Services
12. Geotechnical Investigation, Studies, and Pavement Design
13. Environmental Services
14. Right-of-Way Services
15. Architectural Services
16. Landscape Architecture Services
17. Structural Engineering
18. Electrical Engineering
19. Mechanical Engineering
Qualification statements shall contain the information requested on the following Qualification Based Selection Statement Criteria. Any Qualification Statements not including all requested information or not updated upon request will be reason to deem a firm unqualified.
City of Bowling Green Qualification Based Selection Statement Criteria
1. Provide a brief history of the firm. Include year establish, type of organization and information pertaining to major areas of expertise. 3 page max.
2. Provide information regarding insurance carried by the firm. 2 page max.
3. Provide information regarding the type of computer hardware and software. 2 page max.
4. For each category your firm is submitting, provide resumes for key personnel of the firm and list the number of employees by classification. 3 page max per category.
5. For each category your firm is submitting, list clients and representative projects worked on during the last five years. Provide a brief description and relative size of each project. 3 page max per category.
6. For each category your firm is submitting, provide any further information which may be helpful for the City of Bowling Green to determine the qualifications of the firm, including copy of ODOT pre-qualification letter for appropriate categories. 3 page max per category.
Information shall be provided in the order prescribed above. One overall packet shall be submitted, with the first three sections addressing items 1, 2 and 3; followed by items 4, 5 and 6 for each category your firm is submitting qualifications, with each category clearly identified. Firms must use the cover page found at the link above. Interested firms shall submit one unbound copy on 8-1/2 X 11 sheets and an electronic PDF copy of their Statement of Qualifications packet to:
City of Bowling Green
Attn: Lori J. Tretter
304 N. Church Street, 3rd Floor
Bowling Green, Ohio 43402
Statements of Qualifications will be accepted at any time and must have been submitted within the preceding twelve months for design firms to be considered for 2016 projects.
Questions can be directed to Jason Sisco, City Engineer, at 419-354-6237 or firstname.lastname@example.org.