City Pool & Waterpark
520 Conneaut Avenue
Thank you for all of your support over the summer - we're looking forward to the 2014 Summer Season!
Check it out! The City Pool & Waterpark was nominated and selected as a finalist for the Governors Award from Ohio Parks & Recreation Association (OPRA)...
OPRA Names Three Governors Award Finalists
City of Bowling Green Pool and Waterpark,
Five Rivers MetroParks Cox Arboretum MetroPark, Geauga Park District
East Branch of the Cuyahoga River Covered Bridge are selected as
finalists for top state honor.
One city and two park districts are finalists for the 2013 Governor’s Award for Parks and Recreation, presented by Ohio Parks and Recreation Association. The award, established in 2010, recognizes the one park and recreation program or project that has had the most significant impact on quality of life in the preceding year. The award winner will be announced and the award presented at the OPRA Annual Awards Dinner on February 4 at the Kalahari Convention Center in Sandusky.
The following are summaries of the three finalist’s projects:
· Bowling Green’s attachment to its pool is evident in comments made through surveys, public meetings and through levy support. Lives are enriched and changed through swim lessons, fitness classes and warm summer days spent with family and friends at the pool.
· Five Rivers MetroParks’ Cox Arboretum MetroPark Tree Tower, rises 65 feet above the extensive conifer collection and offers breathtaking views of the Arboretum’s plant collections and beyond.
· Geauga Park District’s completion of The Maple Highlands Trail's East Branch of the Cuyahoga River Covered Bridge in August 2013 connects communities and parks, enhances safety for Amish commuters and expands tourism outreach for Geauga County.
All sixteen winners of OPRA program and project
awards were considered for this statewide “best in show” award.
Officials from six statewide organizations formed the voting panel for the 2013 award. They included: County Commissioners Association of Ohio, Ohio Chamber of Commerce, Ohio Homebuilders Association, Ohio Municipal League, Ohio State Parks and Ohio Township Association. They judged the program and project winners based on the following criteria:
· Demonstrated impact of the program or project on the community quality of life;
· The project or program is unique/innovative or presents a new way of doing something;
· The program or project addresses a felt need in the community and includes clear goals which are achieved;· The program or project is utilized by the community and outcomes can be demonstrated
We are seeking quality, experienced and certified independent contractors to teach a variety of aquatic fitness programs at the new outdoor Bowling Green City Pool. Proof of liability insurance required.
Send resume along with teaching experience, class descriptions, class day/time desired via mail to BG Parks & Recreation, ATTN: Josh Chatfield, 1245 West Newton Road, Bowling Green, OH 43402 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Future Pool Information