1291 Conneaut Avenue
Bowling Green OH 43402
The Bowling Green Parks and Recreation Foundation is offering Commemorative Bricks to be placed at the Memorial Walkways in Simpson Garden Park. Bricks are donated in honor/memory of a loved one or to commemorate a special occasion. Engraved bricks are $150 each and last a lifetime; engraved bricks add to the beauty of the Garden and give friends and families a way to always remember their loved ones or a special occasion.
Top 3 reasons to buy a shirt:
- You will be supporting the BG Parks & Recreation Foundation!
- They make great gifts!
- They look great and help promote our parks!
YOUTH SIZES: $15.00
ADULT SIZES: $20.00
Cash or Check Accepted
(Checks made out to The BG Parks & Rec Foundation)
T-shirts can be purchased at the Community Center and the Simpson Building.
Support the Foundation – Enroll in the Kroger Community Rewards Program
Thank you to everyone for yet another successful Wine and Cheese event! Proceeds in excess of $25,000 will benefit the Building on Nature Campaign. See you on Sept. 22, 2017!
Constructed in 1967, the nature center at Wintergarden/St. John’s Nature Preserve is the focal point for visitors, educators and wildlife watchers who utilize our city’s only natural area park. The window on wildlife and nature room invite visitors to learn more about wildlife and plants, rest in the beauty of the woods while staying warm and dry, and host environmental education classes led by park staff. Accessible restrooms and storage will be tucked into the woods adjacent to the trail head that leads into the natural area—making it easy for visitors to find a wash room and drinking fountain any time the park is open. The office space will be morphed into a more effective and efficient site for planning and execution of all the functions needed to operate the nature preserve and its environmental education outreach. This wonderful community has a long history of supporting its city parks and we feel sure that the Building on Nature Campaign appeals to park supporters, nature lovers, dog walkers, joggers, bird watchers and those who want to make the Nature Center a vital part of the lives of future generations.
Interested in Joining?
Click below to view the Foundation brochure which includes a membership enrollment form. Learn about member events, accomplishments and how you can be a part of the Foundation.
Bowling Green Parks & Recreation Foundation Membership Brochure
Thousands of Bowling Green residents enjoy our community parks and recreation centers every year, as well as the many activities and programs designed to serve their interests. In response to the growing desire for more beautiful parks and additional recreation programs, the charitable nonprofit Bowling Green Parks and Recreation Foundation was established in 1992.
Through memberships, tax-deductible donations, Annual Wine and Cheese Social & Auction, and other events, the Foundation provides additional financial support for the recreational, environmental, and educational programs and projects of the Bowling Green Parks and Recreation Department. Accomplishments include:
- Spearheading the purchase of 7.5 acres of land adjacent to the Bordner Meadow that was developed into the Twyman Trail.
- Placing new interpretive signs and throughout the Nature Preserve and developing handouts for the visiting public.
- Purchasing interior lighting and carpeting for the Nature Center; software for financial record keeping.
- Outfitting the Nature Room and Window on Wildlife.
- Hosting the Foundation Spring Breakfast and Annual Meeting.
- Purchasing the wonderful BBQ grill for Foundation and Department use.
- Purchasing the youth Start Smart football equipment.
- Obtaining and tuning donated pianos for park buildings.
- Financially supporting the successful BG Parks and Recreation levies.
- Financing the Simpson Garden Park Feasibility Study and providing start-up money for various active committees and leading a $700,000 capital campaign for development and endowment of the garden park.
- Constructing a successful $480,000 grassroots campaign to purchase 19.6 acres of land adjacent to the Nature Preserve.
- Hosting the annual Wine & Cheese event raising thousands of dollars for land acquisition for athletic fields and other projects.
- Allocating funds toward facility improvements, program supplies and equipment, and a host of other programming and park facility needs.
With your help, everything you loved as a child – baseball on hot summer days, running barefoot through the park, playing basketball or even learning to dance – is assured to be available to all of us.
Simply put, providing the kinds of parks, recreation facilities, and programs that the people of Bowling Green want the most often cost more than the city can afford. This is why the Bowling Green Parks and Recreation Foundation needs your help.
Your dollars go towards enhancing these open spaces, facilities and programs – and, in turn, help build a stronger community. Member benefits include a spring breakfast, summer picnic and concert, and other activities throughout the year. HELP SUPPORT YOUR PARKS.
Thank you to the Sponsors of the 2016 Wine & Cheese Social and Auction!