In conjunction with the Bowling Green State University 2017 Homecoming parade on Friday, October 13, temporary road closures and other traffic restrictions will occur.
The parade will begin at 5:30 pm on Friday, October 13 on South Grove Street and proceed to the east along Wooster Street, ending at Mercer. Below are the traffic impacts on parade day:
- South Grove: between Washington and Wooster, will be closed to through traffic from 4:00 pm until all parade units have joined the route. This area will be staging for the parade. Residents in the closure area will have access via Washington. Temporary no parking will be imposed from noon – 6:00 pm between Washington and West Wooster.
- North Grove: temporary no parking will be imposed from noon – 6:00 pm between Clay and West Wooster.
- Clay: temporary no parking will be imposed from noon – 6:00 pm between N. Grove and N. Main.
- Buttonwood: temporary no parking will be imposed from noon – 6:00 pm from north of 145 Buttonwood to West Wooster Street. Posted signs will indicate the parking restrictions.
- Former school administration site: No parking noon – 6:00 pm.
- Wooster: between Grove and Mercer, will be closed for approximately 1 hour to 90 minutes as the parade progresses to the east. The road closure will be “rolling” meaning, for example, that Wooster at Main will be closed at 5:30 pm but will reopen once the entire parade has passed. Wooster, closer to campus, will close later than 5:30 pm with the closure times dependent on the pace of the parade.
- Streets that intersect with Wooster will be closed at the point where they intersect with Wooster. Access to businesses will be maintained but not via Wooster Street entrances. Side streets should be utilized.
- Mercer: between Ridge and East Wooster, will be closed once the parade approaches the area for units to travel onto Alumni Drive.
Traffic delays are expected.